Re: [IP] Getting bubbles out

In a message dated 4/18/99 5:39:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  thought if I
 took off the tubing, reattached the needle and pushed out the bubbles, I
 could just reattach the tubing and be pumping again.  I won't do this
 for Erica unless other people have tried it as I wouldn't want to be
 non-sterile, if it was necessary to be, for that part of the pump. >>

I've done this for 11 years and no problem.  Usually not to remove bubbles
but to add more insulin to the syringe so I can delay changing the infusion
set (a few more hours or anohter day).

Don't forget to bolus a bit before reconnecting syringe and pump so the
mechanism is snug against the plunger (I bolus 1 unit).

p.s.  I am amzed at how well you handle all this for Erica.  She is one lucky
girl to have a mother like you!!