[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #75

> From: ce p <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Re: my hba1c
> > Everyone needs to realize that "controlled" diabetes does NOT mean having
> > non-diabetic numbers.  If you are too tight and are suffering from lows, then
> > you ARE doing more harm than good...don't be an insulin-orexic!!!
> Sara

I absolutely agree.  However, I have been very fortunate to be able to achieve
non-diabetic range A1Cs, with and before the pump, w/o walking around with a
constant bg of 40.  With the pump, my lows are much less frequent and generally
less severe.  A1Cs in the non-diabetic range are not possible, or even desirable,
for everyone.  But they are possible and healthy for some.  And I do think we all
have a right to celebrate improved control, whatever that means for each of us.

> Sounds somewhat biased. The 506 has 12 basal rates. Hang in there! We are all
> here to help, if needed.
> Barbara B

Did I get ripped off?  My 506 has only six!