Re: [IP] Real severe" diabetics

In a message dated 4/18/99 7:05:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< I took FOUR injections a day (1 before each meal and one
 at bedtime).  HER daughter also had diabetes, but only took ONE shot a day,
 so OBVIOUSLY I was in much worse shape and therefore a risk to the children!
Dear Sara;
    This anecdote brings up a VERY interesting point. An endocrinologist at a
highly renowned diabetes center also has a diabetic child, whom I gathered
was not doing all that well. Her prejudice regarding her own child's
unlikelihood of pump therapy compliance has colored her judgement against
putting any kids on pumps. Next time anyone encounters resistance from a
medical professional regarding pump therapy, might be worthwhile to assess
said individual's "frame of reference"!!! The previous posts about erroneous
perceptions regarding the wide variation in diabetes self-management only
serves to underscore the potential for misunderstandings.

Regards, Renee