[IP] Sharps container

Last week, I was in McCarran airport in Las Vegas where I used the men's restroom. Beside the towel dispenser was a "sharps" container for disposing of syringes. The container gave instructions and showed a diagramn of the proper disposal of a syringe.
    I was amazed. Have persons with diabetes become such a vocal minority in Nevada that every restroom has a place for discarding used needles? Is the heroin problem out of control in Vegas? When did this airport begin doing this, and do all airports now have sharps containers? I haven't seen these anywhere else, except for the doctor's office, of course.
    After years of looking for places and ways to discard syringes in public, there is now a proper place--and wouldn't you know it, I am now on the pump.