[IP] Social progress - PHOOEY

Hey Kids...

While I hate the burden we pose to the environment (which is ANOTHER reason
why I re-use tubings, syringes  and reservoirs as much as possible), what I
don't want to see is some massive costly campaign to divert attention from
FINDING A CURE for diabetes.  They can keep putting bandaids on us and out
pesky little disease, but the only solution, is the FINAL SOLUTION - that ten
years they told us about in the 70s ought to be a reality by now!!!!!  Don't
write letters to Minimed and Disetronic encouraging them to find better
packaging...they are only two out of thousands of eco-unfriendly companies.
Write your letters to your congressman, your favorite celebrity, your local
paper, the president who ever and tell them - YOU WANT A CURE.  The AIDS
support group Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids ALONE raised almost 2 million
dollars in 1998 to fight AIDS and help people  suffering from it....yet only
approximately 18,000 people died from AIDS last year, whereas over 180,000
died from diabetes and the complicati0ns thereof

No more Bandaids for diabetes (or your fingers either...another waste of
precious resources...put that bleeding digit in your mouth and recycle that
blood back to where it came from and don't put band aid garbage in the east

Who is on a soap box fer shur today...