[IP] Getting bubbles out

Has anyone reattached the needle at the top of the reservoir to remove
bubbles in it.  I loaded up 6 days worth, and with 2 days to go there
was plenty of insulin left but lots of pesky bubbles.  I thought if I
took off the tubing, reattached the needle and pushed out the bubbles, I
could just reattach the tubing and be pumping again.  I won't do this
for Erica unless other people have tried it as I wouldn't want to be
non-sterile, if it was necessary to be, for that part of the pump.  It
would be a shame to waste all that insulin...but I won't take any
chances either.