Re: [IP] Re: Hearing Loss

>I'd like to thank all of you who made light of my question regarding hearing
>loss.  The reason I had asked is that Monday night I had refilled my
>reservoir with insulin and had put it in the suspend mode.  Went to bed never
>returned it to operational mode and also NEVER HEARD THE ALARMS THAT GO OFF
>WHEN IT IS IN THE SUSPEND MODE.  I woke up with a bs of 372 after having no
>insulin from 10:30p to 6a.

I'm really sorry that this happened... unfortunately, there was a previous
thread where people were tongue-in-cheek blaming everything from hair-color
to other physical characteristics on diabetes. I think that because of
that, your post was totally misunderstood. I don't think anyone
purposefully made light of your question... I think that they just thought
that you were continuing the other thread. I'm positive that if you had
written it as you did in the  paragraph above, that you would have gotten a
totally different response from the group. Then no one would have
misunderstood your request. This is not your fault. It is just another
example of the difficulties of using the written word to convey meaning.

I would make an appointment for a hearing check as soon as possible.
Although I've never heard of a relationship between diabetes and hearing,
that doesn't mean that one does not exist. This is a question for medical
professionals that have much more expertise in this area. I've had some
hearing loss myself... but it had started pre-diabetes and seems to be
genetic in my family. But, who knows.