[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #68

> Subject:  [FW: Taco Bell dog!!!]]
> > If you send this to 7 people you will see a little
> > dancing taco bell dog run across your screen!

PLEASE don't send the Taco Bell dog through this list!  Thanks.

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: Test Proudly!  (Was Re: [IP] Blaming Diabetics)
> I feel like I'm in the minority here re: testing in public...but here goes:
> Diagnosed 13 years ago at age 17, I have never 'tested in public', 'out in
> the open' where just anyone (other than family) could see me stabbing my
> finger, and squeezing a drop of blood out!!
> I guess WITH UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS........I feel that the general public
> should never feel exposed to a stranger's fluids.
> I'm sure I'll be blasted for this one!! ;)
> Diana   **  IDDM dx'd 4/86

I would certainly not blast you for doing what you are comfortable with!  I don't personally think that doing a blood test in public
is equivalent to exposing a stranger to fluids.  There may be some miscommunication here--while I feel I have every right to test in
public, I don't "flaunt" it or force people to watch.  I simply do what I need to do to take care of myself and don't feel the need to
be "closeted" about it.