Re: [IP] Social progress???

believe me... insulin syringes are the preferred needle for drug use...
thin, leaves very small marks for the cops to see as tracks... have done
enough drug and alcohol counseling to know this for a fact...

my main beef is the waste of resources with supplies and what to do with it
when your community doesn't think a disposal plan is necessary... think
about how much waste we create in a year, it's amazing... do we really need
all that fancy packaging and there should be a way for the manufacturers to
address this one...

Ellen B-C

At 11:04 PM 4/17/99 -0700, you wrote:
>At 10:31 PM 4/17/1999  Michael wrote:
>>On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, ellen wrote:
>>> in legal actuality, having syringes sent in from out of state to
>>> the prescription requirement is illegal...
>>> best
>I wonder how this elected official "knows" that insulin needles are used
>for illegal drugs? As Michael mentioned, they are probably too thin for
>illegal drug use. It would be nice to have these rants based on facts and
>actual evidence, rather than just personal belief.
>In Oregon, you cannot dispose of insulin needles in the trash... the
>garbage people will take them for a $10.00 fee in a special sharps
>container. (It held about 3-4 months worth).
"If you are a good economist, a virtuous economist, you are
reborn as a physicist. But if you are an evil, wicked
economist, you are reborn as a sociologist." --Paul Krugman