Re: [IP] infusion sets question

At 08:42 PM 4/17/1999  Susan Fisher wrote:
>silhouettes - so I chose the softsets because I
>am new to this and wanted the "easy" insertion.
>Are they also soft/pliable, or does this set leave
>a metal needle in you?  I'm very curious....

The Silhouette (aka Tender or Comfort) set leaves only a Teflon cannula
inside, after the needle is withdrawn. I personally like it because it's
inserted at an angle, stays stuck, and the disconnect is flat (with no

At some time (end of the year??), there is supposed to be a "new &
improved" Silhouette-type set that will have an auto-inserter.