Re: [IP] infusion sets question

At 08:42 PM 4/17/1999  Susan Fisher wrote:
>silhouettes - so I chose the softsets because I
>am new to this and wanted the "easy" insertion.
>Are they also soft/pliable, or does this set leave
>a metal needle in you?  I'm very curious....

The Silhouette (aka Tender or Comfort) set leaves only a Teflon cannula
inside, after the needle is withdrawn. I personally like it because it's
inserted at an angle, stays stuck, and the disconnect is flat (with no
dangles).

At some time (end of the year??), there is supposed to be a "new &
improved" Silhouette-type set that will have an auto-inserter.

Sam