[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #75

>Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 19:52:48 EDT
>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: Re: [IP] A fear of mine..sleeping.
>Since my son had a very bad hypoglycemic seizure last year, neither one of
>kids like to go to bed with a bg of under 200. Its a daily struggle but now
>with the pumps they are starting to trust their bgs to stay good at night.
>I of course, don't sleep soundly or long . The others on this list who
have a
>family member who have had hypoglycemic seizures, know that you never sleep
>soundly again. Oh well just something else caused by Diabetes!! Doreen-mom
>2 pumpers
>- -----------

My sister (24 yrs old) has had three overnight diabetic seizures.
Her fiance just started traveling quite a bit with a new job,
so it is constantly on all our family members minds.  I talked to
my (and hers, we see the same one) doctor about it and yes, you
can actually die from these!!!  But she is not as conscientious
as most of us pumpers about watching sugars.  The last two times
"she felt high" and took a supplement without testing.
I am trying to convince to go on a pump (I'm on day three,
yippee!) but know from experience that the decision has to
be yours...

Constantly worried (now I know what my mom felt like all those