Re: [IP] Social Progress????

When our recycling notice came in the mail last year, they had added a
section about syringe disposal. According to this , I am supposed to take the
kids syringes,not recap them ,not break off the needle, just insert into
clear plastic bottle and tape top on. Then put out with garbage.
I live in a poor neighborhood that at times has a bad problem with drug use.
The one and only time I followed their orders, within 10 minutes of garbage
going out front, my new neighbors from across the street were picking my
garbage!!!!!!!  I took a picture of them walking away with my kids used
syringes and sent it in a letter to the sanitation department.
Now I have red containers and when I go near one of the hospitals that burn
trash, I pull up and dispose of several containers.     Doreen-mom of 2

* recycling may be good, but I don't think this kind was meant to be!!*