[IP] more beginner questions....

PleasM wrote:

>  You need to fill the pump enough for two or three days at the
> most, NOT NEVER FOR 6 DAYS

Nothing personal, but nothing irritates me MORE than people saying "YOU need
to do something this way and NOT any other way EVER."  You (PleasM), and a
buncha doctors I know, need to remember that YMMV and some people are in fact
able to get by filling their syringes up with enough insulin for 6 days!  I
use about 32 units per day...If I were to take the neck thing out and use the
long syringe method with close to 300 units - that would be ALMOST 10
days!!!!!  Just FYI, however, I dont like having the syringe thing stick out
of the top of the pump - so I only use the short syringe method.  But if I
didn't care about that thing sticking out - you betcha, I'd fill 'er up.  Of
course I use Velosulin, so I don't have those Humalog deterioration problems.

I also don't change my site EVERY 2 or 3 days like "they" tell you  MUST be
done.  HORRORS!!!!   Hey, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Sara