Re: [IP] Social progress???

yes Kelly... but the problem again comes down to $$... to a politician, a
needle exchange program is cheaper then rehab... I would have gladly stood
in line with the addicts before my pump for a needle exchange... it all
depends on what you are willing to do to get supplies when you have no $$
to buy them... 3 for 1 is a good deal... *S* *waiting for the 3 for 1 line
for canulas, resivours and tubing... *S* *

to me, this is a touchy subject too because years ago, my daughter knew a
type 1 who was mixing meth with his insulin...

diabetes is not really considered a 'problem' for politicians outside of
insurance hassles... many people who do have coverage keep silent to
protect what coverage they do have... the pharmacutical and supply
companies know that they have us for life, literally, so positive efforts
are often back burnered... these companies have power over our lives... I
do agree that having to have a prescription for syringes is rediculous, but
can see why the law passed... legitimate users of medical equipment are
always penalized to control the access for illigitimate users... this is
why I posted the comment this morning from the local news...