Re: [IP] Silhouette, Comfort, Tender insertion angle

>> Also I inserted it vertically (my pump trainers suggestion), could that be
>> another source of the problem?

>NO WAY do you insert a Comfort/Silhouette/Tender set vertically. Thing is
>regular insulin needles are a set length which is 1/2", though new thinner
>ones are somewhat shorter. There's a reason for this, the insulin MUST be
>delivered into the fat layer, NOT into the muscle below, because the fat
>delays absorption somewhat, which helps smooth things out. Shooting
>into muscle gives faster action, but hurts besides.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean "vertically" as in the canula is
pointed towards me feet, not towards my belly button.  I was just
remembering previous posts about "against the grain" and such.

>I imagine your pump trainer is used to the QR approach without much idea
>WHAT'S going on with what you use now.

Well, my pump trainer is a MM 507 user himself, and uses on Sils.  I really
liked him, but I just think the 45 degree angle thing for me is wrong.  He
(my trainer) said there is no such thing as a "textbook diabetic"  So
basically YMMV.  I think I'm going to just go back to my 30 degree angle.

Thanks
Maureen

To be who you are and become what you are capable of is the only goal worth
living.  -Alvin Ailey