Re: Test Proudly! (Was Re: [IP] Blaming Diabetics)

I have been reading this thread and have a concern I have not seen raised yet.

Stephen is 12, was diagnosed at age 5.  We have always tested wherever we
were.  Usually around classmates, he draws a crowd and gets to explain what
is going on.  Most of his classmates know when he is going low or high from
his behavior.  I remember a field trip in 4th grade, where he was hanging
with some friends.  One of them came up to me and said Stephen was going wild
and I should test him cause he's probably low, cause that's how it is in the
classroom.  We tested him and she was right!  Anyway.  My concern is, as he
gets to be a teenager, how will the public handle seeing him with a syringe
in his hand? I have been telling him to learn to take shots in public,
because people won't assume he's doing something illegal if he's out in
public, but if he hides in a bathroom stall, or in his car or something, it
will seem like he's sneaking around and they will assume the worst.
(assuming he has not gotten the pump- another problem to be posted in another