Re: [IP] Breath

In a message dated 4/16/99 8:48:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< Could it be ketones without high BG?? >>

Stephen has had ketones when he had a BG of 58.  Talk about confusing.  And
it happened on a weekend when there were no pediatric endos or CDEs on call
at the hospital or at the office.  I ended up looking up and calling our
previous CDE at home.  I felt bad doing it, but I didn't know what to do.
(Plus Stephen was sick, couldn't keep any food in him).  So, the short answer
is: Yes, you can have ketones without high BG.