[IP] Kidney Protein

I've been diabetic for 20 years and for the last 6 years, my blood sugars
were terrible due to stupidity.  Six months ago, I did an 24-hour urine and
my protein was 600/mg.  I IMMEDIATELY started getting my blood sugar control
and my docter put me on ace inhibitors and now my 24-hour urin is 200 mg.  I
am going on the pump to try and gain better control for the health of my
kidneys.  Anyone else out there with protein problems and have they reversed
since going on the pump?  Thanks.