Re: Pump Progress (was)Re: [IP] One step closer for Alex

<< "THIS is
 the critical INTANGIBLE that the doctors never see when they're scrutinizing
 bg records.....they never see the tears held back, the haunted & hunted look
 in the mother's eyes, the wear & tear from the unrelenting constancy of
 living by that @$#%* CLOCK, etc etc. Even if pump therapy WAS harder than
 ( which I don't believe it is), it would be worth it if for no other reason
 than to LIBERATE a child from that UNNATURAL way of life. Yes, many children
 with severe chronic illnesses do not lead normal lives - nor does anyone
 expect them to, when they are clearly handicapped or physically limited in
 some way.  Our children, fortunately, CAN act & look normal... >>

Renee...what a nice perspective to share. Sometimes people want to challenge
me because I do not have Type 1, but DM is in my family and so are some other
inherited conditions. My heart goes out to anyone who has to deal with a
chronic illness. I may not be walking in your shoes, but I have seen what it
is like to be walking beside you. The same kind of challenges face the
families with Muscular Dystrophy, but in a different way.I don't wear your
shoes, but they will fit me.
Barbara B.