Re: [IP] Sleeping with my baby.

Hi Tara,

My daughter slept with me on and off for the first 4-5 months. I would put
her to bed in her own bed, but when she woke up to breastfeed, I'd keep her
in with me a lot of the time, though not all of it.

I wore a nursing bra all the time (sigh), if for no other reason than to
keep breast pads (for leaking) in place. If this is true for you, just tuck
the pump under your arm, in your bra. I never had a problem with Gemma
getting caught up in tubing.

I know lots of people for whom family bedding was absolutely wonderful. I
don't sleep as well with my kids, not as deeply or restfully, so I was
happy that they both liked their own beds. And, BTW, neither of them (one
is 10, one is 18 months) has ever had behavior problems, quite the opposite
in fact. Sears is a great resource, but his advice is based upon his own
experiences (anecdotal and, IMHO, biased), not research. This is absolutely
not a slur against family bedding, just trying to set the record straight
for those who don't. :-)

Take care and enjoy this wonderful time!

(Type I, 26 years, D. pumper since 10/95)