Re: [IP] "Fizzy Tablets" (for fun)

In a message dated 4/15/99 3:38:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< By the way, as I remember it, they went from blue (negative=good) thru
 then orange, then all the way to a dark brown(=Bad) Either my betz cells are
 misfiring (quite possible) and the memories are fading, or I was "badder"
 than you all who remember just the orange :-)  Linda >>

I have an old book that I bought at a library sale.  It was produced by Eli
Lilly Corporation in 1947.  I think the name of the test was the Benedict
Test.  In this book is a picture of 5 test tubes with different colored
solutions.  The sugar content is listed below each tube.

Blue- Negative
Green- 0.25% sugar (+)
Yellow- 1% sugar (++)
Orange- More than 1% sugar (+++)