Re: [IP] Frequent Testers, and Anywhere testers...

At 06:06 PM 4/15/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Tara Dufour wrote:
>> Has anyone ever had to test in the middle of a movie theatre or somewhere
>> else where it's dark?  Wouldn't it be beneficial to have a back lighted LCD
>> screen like the pump?? Has anyone suggested this to a company or heard of a
>> machine coming out with this feature?

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this but when i was at camp (and
home) checking the kids blood sugars at 3 am i noticed that on the One
Touch machines are less accurate unless you have some light on the sample
of blood.  when we checked sugars in the total dark and got say 89 and the
kids were still acting low we would check them again with a light over it
and then we would get a reading that seemed more normal  for how they were
feeling usually around 50.. this happened on all the One Touchs.. But not
on the Electro type ones (accuchek advantages which all the kids got free
and the complete which i bought).

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438