Re: [IP] Regular insulin in Pump

•To: email @ redacted •Subject: Re: [IP] Regular insulin in Pump
•From: "Michael" <email @ redacted> •Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:19:23
-0800 •Reply-To: email @ redacted

> Because of the longer time action of Regular do I need to space my
> meals differently to account for the remaining insulin in my body?
> Has anyone else made this kind of change?
See earlier post on  mixing H and V. You might want to try a H/V 3/1
ratio to try and get the best of both. Some other ratio might
actually work better, experiment a fill at a time.  With some H
present, you can get the quick onset and not have to take insulin and
then wait to eat, but with R or V present, it will stretch out the
peak and the tail to accomodate a longer digestion cycle. It also
smooths the zig-zag from a quick low/rebound.

Source: my daughter and others on the list.
email @ redacted

If I normally fill the syringe with 100 units of insulin how much Humalog
would this be and how much Regular to get the 3:1 ratio?  These calculations
confuse me as I tend to reverse numbers  :-(    I'm embarrassed to admit it
but I definitely have a math problem since I still do calculations in French
due to my French background.
Denise Guerin
Type 1 45 years