Re: Test Proudly! (Was Re: [IP] Blaming Diabetics)

At 12:53 PM 4/15/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>I feel like I'm in the minority here re: testing in public...but here goes:
>Diagnosed 13 years ago at age 17, I have never 'tested in public', 'out in
>the open' where just anyone (other than family) could see me stabbing my
>finger, and squeezing a drop of blood out!!  I find it to be somewhat
>offensive to expose the general public to bodily fluids.  I don't see the
>need for it, since it is very easy to set the meter on your lap, and 'do
>thing' without making it a public presentation.  If it's an emergency, and
>you are testing for lows/highs, of course test, test, test no matter who's

Any time i check my sugar i usually set it on my lap because it is more
comfortable I just won't go to the bathroom and check it.. when i first
started out with D 7 years ago i went to the Bathroom to do everything and
I ended up explaining everything to the Cops.. so i don't hind it. I would
say only 5% of the time i have someone else notice what i am doing.  Now in
the hospital i do believe in being discrete mainly because it is not  me
and a little thing calld confadinciality (spell?).. he he i think mainly it
is what ever is best for each person.. if you feel better doing it
somewhere else by all means go. but just don't l;et someone else change you.

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438