[IP] pump knowledge in the UK

Hi all
Thought some of you might be interested to hear about my so-called pump trainer had to say today!
I didn't end up starting today because they had lost the infusion sets
they had ordered (how they lost them when they had been delivered that
morning I don't know!)  and because they had thought I would be using
Regular and hadn't got any bottles of Humalog for me.

The nurse had some weird ideas about pumping.
She couldn't understand why I wanted to go on the pump "it probably won't
improve your control, but if you want to do it that's fine". Hmmmm,
Apparently they have people on pumps becaseu they are needle-phobic,
not becasue of control! The last thing I would want to do if I was
needle phobic would be to stick those huge needles in instead of a
tiny pen needle, even if it is less often!
She couldn't believe SIlhouettes didn't fall out becasue they go in at
an angle (she'd never heard of them before),and had never heard of
using Humalog in a pump "but if that's what you want to do then
fine". She was a bit dubious that it's not approved until I pointed
out it wasn't approved for use with Novopens either, only with
BD-pens. Anyway, she was happy to go along with whatever I wanted. I
think she learnt more than I did!

So, another 24 hours to wait (she suggested waiting a week but when
she saw my face she relented!) until I get hooked up!