Re: [IP] How many days to use an infusion set

Marilyn,

I usually get 5-8 days out of most sets, although I have the ocassional ones that
get sore in a few hours.  Generally I find that if they make it 24 hours or so,
they do fine long term although you do have to keep checking.  Humalog seems to
add an instability factor for many people.  When I mix humalog and velosulin, I
can go mostly 5-8 (once in a while 4) days.   When I use straight velosulin, I
can go much longer.  Have heard lots of long term pumpers and long term CDE
pumpers mention this.  Anyone who has only been pumping 5 or less years seems to
be pretty wed to the set # of days per set thing so maybe this is just one of
those over time things.  There was a discussion about this about 6 or more months
ago and the long term pumpers reported as you and I longer set usage except with
straight humalog.  Remember that many (not all) of the mimimed reps are not long
term pumpers so they are going by formulaic recommendations.

Ruth