[IP] Does this make sense?

Ok...I've got another question...

I have been on the MM507C for 7 weeks now...The last two day have been my
best averages.  I averaged 118 on both days.  Now my question is this...I've
hear that the basal amounts should be about 50 % of the total daily insulin
usage.  Is this accurate?  My total usage on the two days is 68 and 70 units.
 My basal rate is 2.4, for a total of 57.6 units per day....so the majority
of insulin is in the basal and not the bolus insulin.  Does this make sense?