[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #64

> From: "Don Francisco" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] retinopathy
> Shortly after I started on the pump last June a list member wrote of
> having visited the ophthalmologist and learning that the spots of
> retinopathy that had been there were no longer there.  That is what
> I decided I wanted to have happen.  Today it did!
> Don

Congratulations!!  To me, that was one of the most exciting results of the DCCT (in which I
participated)--that one could not only prevent, but reverse early complications from
diabetes.  I had a microaneurysm that showed up one year and then seemed to disappear.
That's really exciting; you have every right to be thrilled.

> email @ redacted writes:
> MY HBA1C WAS 5.4  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Non-diabetic is 4.3 to 6.1!!!!
> I LOVE MY PUMP!!!!!!!
> Christa

My CDE called today with the latest results--5.6 (with an upper normal limit of 6.5).  I'm
feeling the same way--YIPEE!!