[IP] How many days to use an infusion set

In a message dated 4/13/99 8:21:28 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted
writes:

<<     You need to fill the pump enough for two or three days at the most,
NOT
 NEVER FOR 6 DAYS >>
Please explain.

Note, this is not for pump newbie ears.  If you have been on the pump less
than 3 years, do not read any further or you may suffer damage....  Do not
try this at home...  etc.

For the last couple years, I have been successfully leaving Sofsets in a
maximum of 7 days.  I have never had an infection.  The site is never red or
tender.  I have not noticed changes in absorbsion.  Never had a problem.

I happened to mention this to someone at Minimed, they almost screamed at me.
 If everything is going good, then what is the problem?

FYI,  have been on a pump for over 11 years.and use Velosulin.

Marilyn (ready to be whipped into shape)