[IP] How many days to use an infusion set

In a message dated 4/13/99 8:21:28 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<<     You need to fill the pump enough for two or three days at the most,
Please explain.

Note, this is not for pump newbie ears.  If you have been on the pump less
than 3 years, do not read any further or you may suffer damage....  Do not
try this at home...  etc.

For the last couple years, I have been successfully leaving Sofsets in a
maximum of 7 days.  I have never had an infection.  The site is never red or
tender.  I have not noticed changes in absorbsion.  Never had a problem.

I happened to mention this to someone at Minimed, they almost screamed at me.
 If everything is going good, then what is the problem?

FYI,  have been on a pump for over 11 years.and use Velosulin.

Marilyn (ready to be whipped into shape)