Re: [IP] Do I have to?

In a message dated 4/13/99 7:30:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I notice the pump only holds 200 units without taking that thingee out
 holds the syringe in place. Do most people need to remove it? If I try and
 take it out, is it easy to put back in? >>

I removed that "thingee" from my pump so the syringe neck sticks out more.
This is the way the 504 was so I was used to it.  I think I read that you
cannot refill the syringe if you don't have the neck sticking out (this is a
vague memory and may be wrong).  This was the key factor for me.  If I ran
out of insulin I wanted to be able to refill the syringe so I could change
the infusion set at a more convienient time.

Of course, I have no idea where my manual is so I could read to see if this
was really the case.  I do, howeverm know where my "thingee" is.

Marilyn (happily pumping without her thingee)