Re: [IP] more beginner questions....

For what it is worth Sam and PleasM, since i've been pumping now for over a
year, I have ALWAYS used humalog in a full 300 U syringe.  At my
approximate 30 U a day, this gives me 10 days before I have to fuss with
those damn bubbles in a new syringe.   It's not a scientific study , but I
have never noticed any degradation of the insulin on the last day.  And I'm
a really hot guy , too :-)

<<From: Sam Skopp <email @ redacted>
>    You need to fill the pump enough for two or three days at the most, NOT

This might depend on the type of insulin that you use. There have been
reports that Humalog can lose potency with heat. So, in this case you may
not want to load your pump with any more than you need until the next site
change. Regular type insulins, like Velosulin, are supposed to have a
longer life outside the fridge. But, I don't know if any scientific studies
have been done on this.

* Wayne *