Re: [IP] insurance

Christine,
I struggled with this all through school and since.  The easiest solution is
parental or spousal coverage.  For many of us, that is not an option, so I know
it is a tiring thing to hear.  However, if you have any avenue to that at all,
capitalize on it.  It is worth the pain.

Having said that, most schools Universities have minimal diabetes coverage if
they have any.  Public Universities are now beginning to offer sort of student
coverage but it won't cover blood testing, specialized medical care or pumps.
Their medical coverage is misleading since it mostly covers emergencies and
assumes healthy 18-20 somethings.  Cobra can be a good idea if you have a policy
and maintaining continuous coverage is really important.  Other than, insurance
through employment is the only other option I've ever found.

Best of luck!!

Ruth