Fwd: [IP] Re: Testing our BG

In a message dated 4/13/99 10:33:43 PM EST, email @ redacted writes:

<< here in the north Georgia mountains I guess I have to educate. I am the
only
 person here with a artificial larynx. They'll get used to it because I am not
 hiding LOL. >>

Ginny,
Congratulations on your new voice!!!!!!!!  Keep up the good work--eventually
people will get used to it or they'll leave!!!!!!     Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers
who refuses to hide while testing or even inserting catheters   :-)

-- BEGIN included message

I went out try to eat tonight. I had my artificial larnyx and my Profile.
I was in the middle of testing my BGs when the waitress came. She saw the
blood. She asked me what I wanted to eat. I had to use my new voice and she
got
scared and wouldn't take my order :( Hubby was going to speak for me and I
said
"no" in a robot sounding voice..and I told the waitress that there was nothing
on me that was going to hurt her..
but she still looked to my hubby for the order. He looked and me and I gace
her
the order..
I believe  some people are afriad of blood  in general and then add to that
HIV
and there becomes paranoia. Then add a computer voice ...X-Files LOL. Well-