Re: [IP] RE: Experiences with Camp Clara Barton

I attended Clara Barton in the mid to late 50s.  Anyone else out there?
Actually, I hated it (my mother had a collection of "I hate camp" letters),
partly because they attempted to keep my blood sugars quite low when the rest
of the year my doctor's standards were a lot looser.  I think I usually felt
bad, and actually passed out some.  Also, in those days the medical people
talked to the parents, not the campers, and I a couple times overheard
reports on me that implied my test results were bad because of some bad thing
I had done (and the camp was so regimented it was beyond my imagination how I
could have done anything).  But with all that, being around other diabetics
was wonderful.

Linda Zottoli
dx1955 at age 8