Humalog in the sun... was, Re: [IP] more beginner questions....

email @ redacted wrote:
> I live in "Sunny" Florida where we are already getting daily temperatures of
> 90 degrees or more.  Is there anything that I should know about the pump and
> the hot sun?  How does Humalog react to these temperatures?

The pump shouldn't be affected by the sun, but Humalog MAY. Seems to be
different for different people, but some of us find that Humalog, if taken
without any added R or V, will go bad after about 2 days. Sites tend to
stop working well. I find that mixing Humalog with R in a 5 to 1 ratio seems
to take care of the problem, at least here in Ohio....

Ted Quick