Re: [IP] farewell and thanks

>Dear Pumper Friends,
>As my insurance company is unwilling to pay for a pump and my physician is
>not strongly in favour of it because I have "brittle" diabetes and
>gastroparesis for good measure, I know that I am not likely to get a pump. I
>therefore  resign from the pumpers list. I learned a lot from you all, I
>thank you and good luck.

Too bad... being brittle is one of the best arguments FOR getting a pump.
If you were in perfect control with MDI, you would have much less
motivation to use a pump. Why do so many doctors get it backwards!?! We
have scores of people here who have both gastroparesis and have been called
brittle. They are all successful pumpers.

Sam