[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #55

> I've got a question.......... How does everyone handle the increased blood
> sugar checks since getting the pump?  Do you "Duck" into a bathroom to do
> them or just wherever you are?   How do "onlookers" handle this??
> - -Cindy

I do 8-10 tests/day and am an "exhibitionist".  While I don't set out to gross
people out, I also don't make any effort to hide it.  I refuse to duck into filthy
bathrooms to perform medical procedures.  I test in the classroom (as both teacher
and student), waiting in lines, in stores, restaurants, etc.  And occasionally
(though I would not advise this) driving my car.  Many interesting conversations
have resulted, mostly positive.  People with any knowledge about diabetes are eager
to share their wealth (?) of information, and people without knowledge often ask
questions and provide "teachable moments" to spread information about diabetes from
an insider's perspective.

My advice to you is to do whatever feels comfortable for you.