[IP] grrrrr

this is a slight repeat...but something that OBVIOSULY NEEDS TO BE

This is your friendly neighborhood b+itch who does not need to have a high
blood sugar to be moody.  I am also not an admin of this list, but I wanted
to say a few things about the list in general:

While what you have to say IS very important, the WAY you say it is just as
important.  Style and format is EVERYTHING!!!!!  Despite what some may people
say however, size DOES matter.  Emails laden with html and copies of
previously posted emails have a HUGE effect on the digest, which a great many
of us subscribe to.  If you merely receive the daily 150+ individual emails,
you have the luxury of just deleting them without even reading them, if you
are one that assumes that the subject line is what the actual email is about,
and as we all know, that is not always the case...

However, if you are like me, or John Neale, who happens to be a poster whose
posts I never miss, or Janine, or Mary Jean, or several others, who use the
digest so their mailbox doesn't go on overload, we get 5 or 6 digests a
day....which we then have to download, which takes time, especially if you
have a slow modem, and money, if you have to call long distance to get to
your internet provider...then for all the time and money, you open the digest
to read 14 emails that say "me too" - and another 20 that repost the last 4
posts just to say..."well that is very interesting thank you."

I personally, do NOT have time to slog through 5 digests looking for
interesting, informative and ESPECIALLY funny posts.  I was gone for FOUR
days and came back to over TWENTY digests!!!!!!!!!!  jeez luoise...and most
of this is repost repost repost...

So....to WHOEVER this applies to, and everyone on the digest knows who you
are, and some of you are OLD TIMERS to the list...

an individual message OR a digest.  It is OKAY if you include a COUPLE of
pertinent lines of the post you are responding to, but to repost the ENTIRE
post you are responding to, in addition to the post that that one is
responding to, etc., is just STUPID.  If you need help on how to cut and
paste bits and pieces, please email me privately, or any of the admins. It is
very simple and makes a HUGE difference!  If you have a program that
automatically copies the entire original post when you hit reply, then find
out how to turn this "feature" off.

Secondly, if all you have to add is a "ME TOO," or a "WAY TO GO" then may I
kindly suggest that you email it DIRECTLY to the person who wrote it.  Not
that I, and everyone else, doesn't agree when some one writes, "I hate it
when my doctor uses the word noncompliant" and we are ALL thrilled when
someone gets a great A1C, but truly your support will mean more to the person
who sent the original post than to the other 899 people on the list
ESPECIALLY if they are on the digest and may not get to your words of praise
til next Tuesday.  When I receive my digest, the person's email address who
wrote it is clearly written on the 1st or 2nd line.   And on the same lines,
if all you are doing is writing "welcome to the group, you will find the help
you need here" or something like that, send that DIRECTLY to the person
instead of posting it to the list.  It seems slightly more personal and
welcoming...and takes up less "bandwidth."  Or may I suggest sending the
person DIRECTLY one of those free email cards that you can access (try
bluemountain.com).  I personally love getting mail directly to me, in
response to something I have written!!!

THIRD, please make sure you write in simple, straightforward text.  No bold,
no underlines, no fancy fonts, no attachments.  Make sure your HTML (whatever
the hell that is) is turned off so you aren't sending a bunch of garbage that
most people cannot read due to their browser of whatever technical jargon is
at fault.  It takes up buttloads of room on the digests as well!  We have
several technical wizards on line who can help you out LIKE SAM...seek them
out and learn how to make your email a pleasure to read instead of a
pain...FYI, since my eyes are so bad, when I come to a post with a lot of
gobbeldy gook in it, I skip it...and it might have been the important
information I needed!

4thly (in the fourth place??)..if you have a 10 line signature, with a quote
and pictures and emoticons and so forth, can you PLEASE edit is to a couple
of lines.  I do add a few smart ass comments to my signature line, but they
are generally included as part of my post. Personally I don't care if yahoo
is free or if www.herbscurediabetes.com is the answer to all my prayers...so
please make sure your signature, if an automatic one, is clean and neat and
SHORT!!!!  Also, delete any EXTRA lines between the end of your post and your
signature.  An empty line is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED
between what you are posting about and what you are writing, but more than 1
blank line after your words before your name is really only necessary if you
were going to take out a pen and sign this sucker.

Lastly, Please don't be upset by this.  We have over 1400 (?) members and
everything you have to say is as important as anything anyone else has to
say, so post away...but please take into consideration some of the points
listed above.  No one wishes to censor or suppress you or your ideas and
words (cuz this here's 'merica and we can say what we like, when we like it
and to hell what anyone thinks, and if we are lucky, we can lie and still
keep our jobs!!!  Just make it easier for us to enjoy your babblings, your
words of advice, your points of interest, your depressed rantings (which are
most certainly encouraged and UNDERSTOOD by all here), and your ecstatic

Happy posting

Sara...who is in the midst of tackling more than 20 digests.....with a blood
filled eye that is giving her wrinkles before she ought to have