Re: [IP] Michael Moore - Pancreas Transplant (?)

email @ redacted wrote:
> I don't who this guy is, but being diabetic doesn't ever require immediate
> pancreas transplants.  However, the pancreas does provide many essential
> digestive enzymes that we could not live without, nor could be ingested or
> injected.  So if there were some destruction of the pancreas (as with a
> tumor, for instance), then a transplant would be the only thing that would
> enable life.

Actually, that's not totally true. I drove a fellow diabetic home from the
hospital when I happened to be leaving at the same time, and he's
diabetic because his pancreas was destroyed in an accident. He diidn't have
a transplant and could only live by taking drugs to replace all the other
items made by the pancreas. Itdefinitely was neither easy or simple, but he
dealt with it for quite a number of years before I met him.

Ted Quick