Re: [IP] more beginner questions....

In a message dated 04/13/1999 11:22:33 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I've been calculating how much insulin to fill the syringe with when
 insulin and just keep it in the pump? For example, if I am using 90 units
 in 3 days, I would fill it with 180 units for 6 days?  Why do they
 recommend changing the catheter every 2 days?  Do the majority of pump
 users change the catheter every 3 days? >>

There is nothing worse than being waken by a no delivery alarm in the middle
of the night.  By the time you receive this alarm, you have already fallen
behind on your basals.  Err on the side of using too much insulin instead of
not enough.  As everyone has noted, be sure to add enough for priming the
pump (depends on the length of your tubing).