Re: Test Proudly! (Was Re: [IP] Blaming Diabetics)

I know I am always reminding myself to be careful not to do that.  It's
difficult though, especially when I'm always aiming for such good levels.
And now that my bg's are always within a low range, when they are even up
to 144 I can tell its up and usually feel sick. Thanks for the reminder I
could always use more of those.

>In a message dated 04/13/1999 11:03:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
><<  I
> am now checking even more because I am pregnant and just recently using the
> pump. >>
>Hurray and congratulations to you on your switch to the pump AND your child
>on the way.
>I'm sure you already know this, but just a word of caution.  The pump makes
>it very easy to react to your test results.  If you do bolus to take care of
>a reading, be sure to keep in mind that you may have insulin still in your
>system from the last bolus.  It is very easy to overtreat highs when you test
>so frequently.
>Mairlyn (pumping since 2/88)

Pumping since 04/09/99
IDDM 15 years