Re: [IP] First Day Pumping the real stuff!

In a message dated 04/12/1999 10:44:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 FINGERS HURT!  What do you do when you have used all of the twice in one
day?  >>

I actually only use four fingers for testing but use both sides (never the
pad).  I find the blood flows much easier from these places so don't even
both with the other ones  (wonder why?)  I never have sore fingers even
though I test about 6 times a day on average.

For me the key to painless finger pricking is to NOT change the lancets each
time I test.  I will use the same lancet for a month, sometimes more.  As you
gasp and get poised to write to me about the danger of infection, let me
qualify this with a couple things.  I always make sure my hands are clean
before testing.  No one else ever uses my machine or lancet device.  I've
been doing it this way since I started testing my blood (early 80's?) and
have never had a problem with infection.

Marilyn (ducking)