Re: [IP] waiting period

Tara,
      For some strange reason I personally just plain do better numbers wise
to take my Humalog 30 min. befor eating.  Unfortunately for me I just dont
see the effects of Humalog happening any sooner than I did the regular
insulin.   Maybe when your basals  and your carb. ratio is set more precisely
you will see a difference.  Also a bg of 140 is acceptable 2 hours after a
meal.  Another thing to consider is the glycemic index of certain foods-
some carbs will cause a sharper rise after eating them. Also you don't want
to Bolus so soon after a meal for a high bg due to risk of a low. Sheila