Re: [IP] NLD plus a vent

     I too have NLD.  I have had the problem for about 9 years now.
It all started when I bumped my shin in school.  Anyway, I have done
some research about the condition, there is little info in the form
of studies.  Everything that i have seen is case reports where
docotors have tried things and it worked for their patient.  I have
myself used steroid creams, steroid dressings, steriod shots--
directly into my shin (ouch!) (this did help somewhat), i have also
tried taking persantine and trental (both heart/blood medications)
neither of those worked.  Basically I live with it as best i can, i
have yet to develop an ulceration on my nld (knock on wood **) But i
am EXTREMELY protective of my shins, the few times that i have bumped
them they hurt like all hell!! (does this happen to you?) I also
found that i get intense cramping in that shin when i walk or run.

    As for a vent, In the summer when i wear shorts or when i wear a
skirt i am so sick of nosy people going ..."ewww what happend to your
leg??!!"  as if it is any of their business.  If i had a big scar on
my face people would not be so bold.  do you get this often?  people
are so rude and unthoughtful, as if satisfing their own curiosity
somehow makes it ok to hurt someone's feelings.  so as for that i
usually make up something stupid.  if they are nice i will tell them
motorcycle accident or shark bite.  If they are loud and obnoxious
about it then i will tell them it is cancer, so that they feel really
bad.  I just wish people would learn to keep their mouth shut and let
me be free to wear shorts without worrying about what some idiot is
going to say!!!!!!!

dm 82
mm507 97
pharmd 99

Does anyone else have problems with NLD(necrobiosis)?  I have had it
on my legs for a couple years, but recently it has gotten worse.  I
saw the dermatologist today and he said it has begun ulcerating.  I
was just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with the
same problem.

"The best way to a man's heart is to saw his breast plate open."
                          --Women's restroom, Murphy's, Champaign, IL