Re: No/Low Carb Diet (was RE: [IP] Bernstein)

"Compell, Ellen A, CFCTR" wrote:

> I don't know any facts about it, so please don't flame.
>
> Having said that, my Endo warned me about getting too much protein and not
> enough carbs.  He said it would put undue stress on my kidneys (having to
> process all that protein) and might cause kidney complications to arise.  It
> might be something worth a little research if you are interested.

Yes, I know doctors keep saying this, but have yet to see any proof that it's
true. Thing is that the kidneys leadk proteine BECAUSE they have been damaged
already, NOT from eating protein. It's one of those all too comon misconceptions
that keeps appearing.

Ted Quick