Re: [IP] Question for the medical professionals

<<  The OB book we use in class said that A1C blood test should be checked
 ever 4-8 weeks.  the question is when pregnant are the tests taken more
 often?  i know for me it is every 90 days.. a little confused on this one. >>

The book is somewhat accurate, however the fructosamine test can be done
every two weeks, or even weekly. Both are used along with the daily BGs to
evaluate desired BG target levels. The ADA standards of care give guidelines
on testing frequency. Check out www.diabetes.org for a copy of the 1999
Standards of Care.
Barbara B.