From: Natalie A. Sera [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 1999 7:44 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Bernstein

email @ redacted wrote:
> email @ redacted writes:
> << I tried Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution for one week.  No carbs does
>  make  my insulin requirements go down and my bgs better.  However, this
> is an impossible diet  >>
> What DO you eat if you can't have carbohydrates?   How would you calculate

> a bolus on this type of diet?

First of all, Bernstein is NOT a NO-carb diet. He allows a total of 30
grams of carbs a day.  He recommends 6g for breakfast and 12 each for
lunch and dinner.

Most of these carbs come from the veggies that he recommends -- there is
no such thing as a NO-carb veggie, but there are a lot that are very low
in carbs. He is a BIG advocate of LOTS of low-carb, high-fiber veggies
-- contrary to rumor, he does not recommend living on meat and fat.