Re: [IP] Walk For The Cure...kids are so literal

     Poignant smile of recognition here.....when Melissa (then 9 1/2) years
old was told by her pediatrician that she had "DI-ABETES", she immediately
asked "does that mean that I'm going to die?" Both her doctor and I cried
with her & then her doctor explained "no - but it does mean you'll have to
live your life differently"....So yes, I've known from the start that kids
tend to "hear" only the first syllable, and have repeated that story to other
flabbergasted parents over the years.......
    And I'm thrilled to hear Erica's doing well...time to omit the word
"still" from your posts now Barb!!! The only ones who'd be expecting her NOT
to do well would be those sceptical recalcitrant endos who don't believe kids
can "do" pump therapy!!!!

Regards, Renee