Re: [IP] Re: brittle diabetes

At 10:49 PM 4/11/1999  Jen Woodall wrote:

>Deb-It may just be a personal thing on my part, my dislike for that
>term.  It's
>quite likely your son's (assuming he's still young) numbers will even out
>as he
>gets older.  Mine did.  I was the same way--lots of daily fluctuations, but
>A1Cs.  The pump, along with the leveling out of hormones, has helped a lot.
>other thing I don't like about the term is that it seems to stick for life,
>though control may change.  I think it sets the tone for how we think of
>and how others perceive us in terms of diabetes.  Again, that's just my
>point.  Jen

This is definitely a YMMV (your mileage may vary) point. Some of us never
level out... while I can't rule out any future hormone changes, at age 57 I
think that I'm as stable as I'm going to get. <vbg> While "brittle" may not
be the optimum term for this situation, many of us just have a lot more
difficulty in maintaining any semblance of control than others.

We have to always keep in mind that the human body is not only an
incredibly complex organism, but that we're all different. ("viva la