[IP] Sick & tired of comments

I am type I for 25+ years and appreciate the great advances in lifestyle
but am frustrated as hell about some of the attitudes.  My latest examplew
is that while driving in a strange city a friend implied that I was being
too complusive testing 4-6 times a day as his" mother only has to test once
a day".  Despite explaining and explaining to friends I find it more and
more probable that the only companions let alone girlsfriends for us are
other type I's.

I was testing so that I knew i was safe to drive!  Arrgghhh!  I'm not happy
being on 6-10 injewctions per day as each injection hurts for several hours
or days thereafter but still no endo will recommend th pump.  I've been at
this for two years now and am begining to wonder if there are any pumpres
out there at all or if I am just dreaming up this list!  My next move os to
have to relocate to an area of Canada where pumps are accepted by the
medical community.

I am getting so sick and tired of the following comment:

A friend of mine, lost a lot of weight, and was able to go off her insulin
completely. Maybe if you lost weight ...

My (fill in the blank family member) went on this diet, and no longer has to
take insulin

Making these suggestions, really do hurt sometimes.  I know it is a lack of
education.  But there is no educating these people sometimes. I have tried,
but the "myths" about diabetes has been around for so long.  And the fact
that most diabetics, get diabetes later in life, and is either diet or pill
controlled. Only 5 to 10% of the diabetic population is type 1.

Arg... I'm at a lost for words

Christene Ullom
email @ redacted

Darrin Parker